Is there any way to play music from your IPod in your car?

I have a built in connection in my car where all I have to do is plug in my iPod and the music plays through my speakers. My husband's birthday is coming up and I was thinking that if they now have a device that let's you do that in other cars now, it would be a perfect gift for him. Do they make such a thing like that now?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:51 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Technology

• vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I had one that plugged into a tape player and another that plugged into the cd player. call your local radio shack and see what they can do for ya
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I know they make them, go talk to someone at best buy, Radio Shack, the should be able to help you.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• If the car has a tape player that's pretty easy with a tape adapter. If not some wiring would need to be done. It's expensive (by my standards. lol) but it's possible  LINK

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:54 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• They do make adapters BUT your car has to have a certain type of system for it to work. The folks at Best Buy can help you out and let you know if it'll work for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• You can even find them at Walmart. All you have to have is a radio because there are devices that will play your IPOD over radio stations but there are different adapters. The biggest problem with the radio is interference from other stations.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• yup its an ipod car adaptor. I have one, it was like maybe $10
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:04 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I have had an FM radio transmitter for mine for over 4 years. DH uses the AUX input in his car.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:41 AM on Apr. 17, 2011