Does your...

hubby or s/o start projects and then not finish them? he starts one and goes on to the other and never goes back to either... omg i am soooooo tired of him doing that... i am already at the point of going to the home depot or lowes and take those free classes they have sometimes so i can learn and get these projects done...

SHELL28

Asked by SHELL28 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Yes, our basement has been a "work in progress" for 7 years. Our ds told him once "you know Dr. Phil says that not finishing a project signifies a fear of rejection.....as long as it is never finished no one can truly critize it because they can always say yeah i gotta put this on or that"

Any projects I need done in the main areas of the house....he can do the heavy work (cutting boards) but I will finish. Our crown moulding....he swore we needed a "pinner" so left to borrow one. Ummmmm how did they hang it BEFORE air nail guns??? YEP it was up by they time he got home and guess what???? 10 years later it hasn't fallen or CRACKED like he said it would!!
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 10:05 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I finish projects all the time that he starts, he calls it "team work" lol what a dork he is
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:00 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• OMG, YES! And it drives me absolutely frickin' crazy! He means well, I know, but he never follows completely through. I do what I can but I can't do it all!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My ex always did that. He'd start something, and then end up throwing it out or just letting it sit there forever. That, or he'd get these "great ideas" and promise he'd do something... and then never follow through.
    Just one of the many traits contributing to him being my ex!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No, mines says he will do this or that and then never starts.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• ive been finishing them lately
    damionsmommy2

Answer by damionsmommy2 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Mine doesn't do that, he just takes forever to finish. He likes being in the process of doing something, so he savors it. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:08 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Nope, he finishes what he starts.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Mine doesn't even start projects......
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• He finishes what he starts!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:47 AM on Apr. 18, 2011