Am i being "silly"

My dh just asked me if I wanted to go to his sisters (45 min away). Y? Oh, mom and all are going up for a cookout. I asked...umm a spur of moment thing? No i guess they've been planning it. (so in my mind WE were not included until LAST moment) so i said NOPE don't want to go. Well y not - - you wouldln't have to cook today. If noone took the time to let us know before I feel uninvited ( I chat with all 3 of my sils reg). He tells me I'm being silly about it maybe they forgot to mention it. NO not when yesterday I asked one of them...whats your plans for the weekend and got "nothin".

Oh well now I have a peaceful day since he went ahead and went without me. WALMART here I come.....

brypmom

Asked by brypmom at 10:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• at first i thought you were being silly until i read the part about asking about plans and got nothing, i would feel like they didn't want me there anyway.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I don't think so have a good time at Walmart
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Nope, don't think you are silly at all. I wouldn't have gone either.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I never turn down free food so I would have gone. It never bothered me that people asked me at the last minute. I just cared that I got the invite before all the food was gone! Are you silly? Probably not. Are you a bit sensitive? Maybe. Just don't take things personally and it will reduce your stress in life.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I think it just depends on the dynamics. My in-laws and my own family wouldn't just not include me and then change their minds...it would have been a legitimate mistake and it wouldn't have been a big deal. If they are hurtful people like that, then yeah, I might have different suspicions.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:25 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I think you are being silly. I would have just made the best of it and gone to spend time with family. It could have been a mistake it may not have been but in the end you were invited. Maybe I look at it that way because we do not live close enough to any family to have cookouts and would give anything to drive about 45 minutes and be with them. My husband or mine it doesn't really matter.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would have gone. If it's you they are trying to exclude, you just gave them exactly what they wanted. Sometimes, you need to beat people at their own silly little games. So, I would have gone and stayed in hubby's hip pocket all the live-long day.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:39 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• admckenzie - this is not the only time it has happened. I KNOW one sister doesn't get along with my dh (her own brother) but really if you can invite me to home interior parties, tupperware parties (to up your own ante) and birthday parties (that they admittedly have JUST so "she cn keep getting gifts and money") then invite us to the other things too.
    brypmom

Comment by brypmom (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I won't go due to short notice and the length of the drive. My in-laws live a good hour and a half away. They've done this to us before, but luckily my DH tells them no. Especially since the people they invite are not who we want our children around. They are always drunk, loud, and say crude things in front of our son.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I'd enjoy my lingering at walmart afternoon.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2011