I made a horrible mistake. After 15 years of marriage, I had an affair and it lasted the entire weekend of a month 19-21. I came back home and took a pregnancy test on the 27th and it came up positive. Could the pregnancy test come up positive that soon? adult content

I did have sex with my husband earlier in the month. We have been having huge issues these past 5 years, but I cannot believe I committed such an idiotic act! Shame on me. The guilt, I deserve, but consumes me. If I tell him, then he will leave.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You NEED to tell him. He has a right to know that you cheated, and that the baby may not be his. I do feel it would be too soon to register, but he still deserves to know what happened.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• you will have to have an ultrasound for an approx conception date. however i do not think a test would come out positive that soon after conception. by the time you find out you are usually 3-4 weeks. but ti depends on when you ovulated. im not a doctor so dont quote me. but im pretty sure it would not turn positive that fast
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No it wouldn't come up that fast if you had just had sex on the 21st. I'd say the baby is your Dh's but personally I think you should tell him anyway. He deserves to know the truth.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• no too soon
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I agree with SalemWitchChild.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:07 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would agree that it would be too early for it to register. You were probably already pregnant by your husband during the affair. The doctor will do a date of conception for you when you go in though.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:16 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• That's 8 days past ovulation, IF you ovulated the earliest date you were with the other man. That's REALLY soon for a test to become positive, but not unheard of. Most don't come up positive till 9-11 days past ovulation. If your cycles are regular, you will have a better idea of when you ovulated. Either way, I think you need to tell your husband and heal your marriage.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• it's your husbands. it would be too early to get a BFP with the other guy
    chickensmommy

Answer by chickensmommy at 11:09 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Probably wouldn't turn up that soon. I'm not saying what you did was right, but I do wish you well and hope you get this all figured out. I'm sure it's not going to be easy..
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:10 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Most likely your husband's, but a paternity test would be the only way to know for sure. Did you use protection with either of them??
    Good luck, mama!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:11 AM on Apr. 17, 2011