Should i be upset??

From day 1 of my marriage my husband has had a problem wearing his wedding ring. Be says be loves to wear it he just forgets to put it on. Well for our 9 year anniversary he asks what I would like. EASY ANSWER!! LOL I say a day to my self (a lil selfish but really come on. What mom doesn't want a day alone) and for him to wear his ring all day for one day. It was a weekend. So on my "day off" he rushes off and says that he is in a base ball game that is ALL day.... I could have mentioned my day off ad promised. But being married this long I knew it would cause a fight. He leaves his ring but his reason was that if he wore it then he couldn't wear his glove. I ask him after his adventful day why I didnt get my day off. He says I should've reminded him. I said would that have made a difference. He says nope.....

lonesome3036

Asked by lonesome3036 at 11:10 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I would be royally upset!! Consistent behavior like this would be a deal breaker for me and I'd be saying goodbye.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:13 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would ask for him to get a tattoo on his ring finger :-P problem solved
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• In our marriage, wearing our rings isn't all that important. He can't wear his on the job because of safety reasons, and for mine, well, with pregnancies, I gained a lot of weight and have not been able to wear my original ring since he gave 'em to me. I have gotten a replacement ring since, but because of all that time, I'm not used to wearing the ring. So that part I honestly wouldn't be too upset about.

As for the day off...YOU are NOT the selfish one, HE IS! I think I'd just be taking off w/o kids, and telling him "I'm taking MY DAY OFF, whether you like it or NOT! You promised me I could get the day off, and I'M TAKING IT!" You have every right to be pissed off because of that! If he had a game already scheduled for the day you planned to take off, he should have mentioned it and asked if another day would work better. Grrrrr, I'm pissed for you!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Just set up a day well in advance and make sure it's not a day that he's playing a game. Then periodically remind him not to make any other plans. Guys need constant reminders.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:25 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I know but why should I work around HIS schedule? What does it mean that I'm kinda sad. I know for.a fact if I get upset about then I'm in the wrong and should quit gripping already. It's.in the past and I should get over it and quit dwelling on it!! All he did was talk about his game.I of course listened. And said I hope he had a nice time. He says he doesn't have a good time unless I am there but I know that's not true. I can't just up and leave the kids here with him . He would be calling and "wanting to talk" the whole time I'm gone. If I try to hang up then "I'm ignoring him" and he starts yelling.
    I'm actually fed up.
    lonesome3036

Comment by lonesome3036 (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Wow- how inconsiderate of him! Sorry you missed your 'day off'. I would have been upset as well. If I told my DH I wanted a day to myself, he'd bend over backwards to make sure I got it- same for if I told him his not wearing a ring bothered me!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Neither hubs or I wear a wedding ring, so that isn't an issue for me. I would just pick another day for my DAY OFF, don't mention it to your husband, just get up get ready and on the way out tell him this is my new DAY OFF and I'll be home later. (Remind him of the kids' names if you have to!) Then leave and enjoy and pamper yourself to the max!! Have a great day.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:37 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Wearing a ring is and always has been important to me. I have his name tattooed on my ring finger for the few minutes I let it breath. I feel weird when I dont wear it. And oh my goodness he sure is quick to call if I leave it on the dresser.
    lonesome3036

Comment by lonesome3036 (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would be concerned why he wouldnt want wear his ring..
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yup..that's what worries me. Always having his cell up his behind..won't let me on his lap top to do homework unless he is right beside me...always accuses me of having a boyfriend..( believe me sometimes I wish I did so i could get rid of his many self) ..I pick up my phone to put it on the charger or play a game..he is like who are you talkin to!?..
    lonesome3036

Comment by lonesome3036 (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2011