Help my 3 year old is bitting again

ok so my dd started it when she was about 1 year old it took me everything to get her to stop nothing worked. She bit her sister and the neighbor girl or herself not adults. Well finally she stopped doing it a few months ago she turned 3 in January. Well I have a nephew (her cousin) that will be 3 in July he has never bit anyone, but he did yesterday. He bit my dd, but I think that is because she stuck her finger in his mouth well now today she started bitting again she bit her sister today. I need help dealing 3 years with this I was relieved she stopped bitting and now she is doing it again. Nothing works.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• Tell her to stop. A simple "NO BITING" should do it. Say it until she understands that we don't bite
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I do tell he to stop ad not to bit and I tell her it hurts when you bit and she still does it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• She is old enough for a time out or for taking away THE most important thing for an apropriate period of time. Stay calm and matter of fact. Make sure she is getting positive one on one time with you and your SO too. Sometimes kids go for negative attention when they do not get enough positive attention.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Ill get attacked again for this, but BITE them back! Once they know how bad it hurts and you dont want them doing it, they usually stop.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:25 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• actually bitting back is what my grandma sugested she said she did it to all her kids and so did my aunt and they stopped. Well I did that and actually I think it made matters worse because she started bitting more. I did it until it hurt too cause she cried, but then she started bitting more. So I am not going on that again. See my oldest did it one time she bit me all I said was NO you don't bit that hurts mommy and she stopped, but this one wont stop lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• well i wont attack you i agree bite back or whoop her butt but if you tried it already and it didnt work im sorry mayb just time will work
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2011