Does it Upset You When your Friends Tell you how Hott your SO is?

My husband and I did a huge Easter production at our church. We do it every year, but it never fails-somewhere between 1-20 girls will become his groupies, and giggle and follow him around and take a hundred pictures. I know he's hott, and sometimes it's funny, but after a while I guess I get jealous.

One girl sat next to me last night that I hardly know, and said "which one is your husband?" When I told her she said "Good job! He's hott!" and spent the next 20 minutes telling me how sexy she found him. I just smiled and agreed. She's right, but come on....

So does it bother you at all? I'm not freaking out over it, it just sorta irks me sometimes.... even if I thought so, I don't think I could tell my closest friends that their SO was a hottie- let alone someone I hardly know. It's not like I think DH will cheat or something,but when you hear that, then see them flirting with him it's like... really?! At church even?! Would it bother you at all? Or am I just weird?

livn4hevn

Asked by livn4hevn at 11:52 AM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• It would irritate me that women choose to act like fools drooling over my man. I've had my own friends tell me my husband was good looking and then proceed to say how lucky I am. And then they got comfy & decide they'll try to take it a little further. Not cool. There's not really anything you can do but if the same women proceed to tell you things like that again I would definitely say something along the lines of " I think it's weird people feel the need to elaborate on his good looks. People should remember who they're talking about and who they're talking TO."
    Mrs_Doll

Answer by Mrs_Doll at 3:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No, not at all. I know Iv got a really HOT husband. Strange women flirt with him when we are out to eat or shopping All the time, and it amuses me to no end. The hubby whines about it saying he wishes they didnt do that and asking me why women have the nerve to flirt with him when im standing next to him. I know our relationship is rock solid and no temptation will work on my hubby.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:56 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Why would it upset me? He's mine.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:54 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• It doesn't bother me if someone tells me my husband is handsome, but if someone was carrying on and on and on about it, I would think she was strange. I also find it odd that a girl at church at the EASTER play are more interested in lusting after someone else's husband than in churchy stuff, but maybe that's just me.
    I guess what I'm saying is that I wouldn't be jealous, but I would think the chick was a weirdo.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Oh my aunt does that. She and my husband are actually pretty close in age. She even asks him to dance at family weddings. It gives me the heebeegeebees.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, no- makes me proud :) I'm absolutely secure in my relationship with my DH. He married me because he loves me, and stays with me for that reason. Now if some girl said it, then went on and on about it or tried talking to him and hanging all over him, that would piss me off because she is being disrespectful to ME.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• my husband doesn't get the HOT thing but he's swooned over because of his sacrifices, staying with me, how hard he works, what he's been thru with all my medical problems, etc. He gets lots of attn for that and heavily swooned over by cute nurses for 7 years now. He eats it up too and I let him.... it's his "thing". He could change my IV fluids with one hand and the babies diaper with another. And people feel sorry for him since he "chauffeurs me around" everywhere since I've been officially legally blind since our son was born. He gets more attn. than a "hot" hubby I'd bet
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Not really, I would take it as a compliment on my good taste in men lol and feel lucky he's mine.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would feel special because he's mine!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I think it's kind of funny when girl swoon over my DH. The only time I would get a bit jealous is if they were grabbing or touching him. He'll tell me about someone hitting on him and I just laugh it off. I see it as he's mine and he wants me so why worry :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2011