Why do Democrat's think Republicans are religious nuts?

I don't understand you! Yes most of us believe in God, We believe in respect that of each other and our body. We believe in hard work, do what you need to do to feed and cloth your family.
Not all of us hate gays, they are Gods children, like I am.

As far as I'm concern you far left look very ignorant to hate people who want to live a good life.
God does not tell me what to do, he teaches me to respect and that is how I make up my own mind.

Getting high, sleeping around, getting abortions, stilling money from the working people, and have the Government pay for this, now that is nut's!!
Yes this is how I see the far left!!

I believe in helping the poor, but not the lazy.

gammie

Asked by gammie at 12:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I will agree though...

I hate it when celebrities start talking politics.....it annoys the hell out of me.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:00 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• "Getting high, sleeping around, getting abortions, stilling money from the working people, and have the Government pay for this, now that is nut's!!
    Yes this is how I see the far left!!"

So it's OK for you to have this ignorant generalized assumption about the far left, but it's not fare if the far left thinks most right wingers are religious nuts? Where is the logic here???
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I am a Democrat , but I like to look at the full picture of each party. I don't like to generalize since each person is different regardless of what political party they stand for. If I like what the person is about, then that's what how I make my choice. I don't care what party you are with. If I think you have the right idea, then that's that.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 1:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• The far edges of both parties seem to enjoy making asses out of themselves and their parties.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Because the conservative right has taken over your party.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 12:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Why do republicans assume all democrats think that way or live those kinds of lifestyles? Yes there's some sarcasm there. I more than understand your argument, and I even agree with a good deal of what you've said. I also know a lot of democrats who generalize about the republican party that way, and it's not a fair generalization. But, forgive me, I don't really think it's fair to complain about that generalization if you're going to turn around and do the same thing. Just my two cents.

lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Because a lot of them are. Same reason people think Democrats are completely clueless about economics - because a lot of them are.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Please show me where i have ever said anyone is nuts for being conservative... My BEST friends are conservatives & Jewish...so i certainly don't think all conservatives are nuts and/or religious nuts.

It's not my style to make generalized assumptions like that.

I have lived among Liberals & among conservatives. If you really feel the majority of the left is like that, then you really should get out more. Where did you live anyway that caused your belief of this?

I don't get high, never had an abortion, my husband is only the 2nd man I've slept with....the first was my first husband, I've never stolen money from the working people...I'm lucky enough to have an education & a husband who makes good money.

Your assumptions are wrong. Just because you saw a few lefties like this, doesn't mean they all are that way. I have known TONS of religious nut conservatives, but because i get out....i know they're not all like that.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I don't hate Republicans and I don't think they are religious nuts. But It is obvious by the way you describe Democrats that you sure despise Democrats,don't you,Gammie.
    And I don't generalize, I never assume that everyone is alike depending on their party affilation. DO you really think that ALL Democrats are lazy? DO you really think that they don't work for everything they have?THAT is prejudice.
    Lets try to be fair ad please don't label people.
    I have friends amd relatives who are BOTH Democrat and Republicans and they are all college graduates who have satisfying lucrative careers and happy mariages and none of them are 'religious nuts' or 'lazy'.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Wow... gammie, you watch waaayyy too much TV. I can't dignify your question with an answer.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2011