How do YOU store hard boiled eggs?

I always just store them in their original container but within a day my fridge smells like eggs.

Renee3K

Asked by Renee3K at 1:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I always put them in a bowl that can be sealed up, something like Tupperware.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I store them IN their shells, not peeled, in the fridge.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Big gallon sized ziploc baggie in the fridge.
    CrissyMarie2003

Answer by CrissyMarie2003 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• ziploc baggie in the fridge
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• In the little butter compartment at the top of the fridge door. They roll around a lot. Helps me remember they're there!
    Anonymous

• I just place them in a bowl in the fridge - not covered or anything. If your eggs are giving off a strong odor, it might be because they are over cooked. When the yolk is over cooked, it gives off a very strong odor. Correctly cooked eggs don't have that.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I thought I was doing them right, hmmm. I put them in cold water in a pan, and bring to a boil. Then I remove the pan from heat and cover them for 10 minutes. Then cool them off with cold water.
    Renee3K

Comment by Renee3K (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• It sounds like you are doing them right. I have to look it up every time I cook them because it only happens about once a year. I think they smell too. I put them in an air tight container like rubbermaid and try to keep the stinky away.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• You are doing them right. I hard boil eggs all the time and they always smell, no matter what I put them in. I've noticed though that if I peel them they don't smell as strong, and if I make egg salad, I don't smell the egg smell at all. So maybe it's the shells & carton making it worse? If I don't peel them I leave them in an open bowl or in the "egg shelf" in the door.
    Anonymous

• I peel them and then put them in a ziplock bag in the fridge.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2011