Weird or Coincidence?

My grandmother passed away in 2010 and both me and my mother have had almost the exact same reacurring dream about her....we never even talked about the dream until 2 weeks ago....and it is like almost the exact same dream.

In my dream I'm back on the campus of my old Catholic school and I can see my grandmother in the distance walking away from me....I keep calling her and I'm almost running to catch up with her...I'm not panicked or scared....I KNOW in the dream theat my grandma shouldnt be there...that she has already passed on but I don't feel a sense of anything being wrong that she is actually there....I keep calling her but she never turns around...in the dream she is wearing her blue Usher's uniform that she used to wear to church...although she hadnt been an Usher in almost 5 years before she died....I never do catch up to her and I eventually just wake up.

My mother's dream is EXACTLY the same except that instead of the campus of my school, they are in front of our church and my mother gets the sense that my grandma is walking to her car....but everything else is EXACTLY the same.

Neither one of us has ever talked about this dream with the other until 2 weeks ago but we've both been having the same dream since 2010....Is this weird?

***Don't know what catagory to put this in***

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Ok I don't have dreams like that but my mom and I have a thing with rainbows and my Uncle that died in 2008. The day he died my mom and stepdad were driving home so they could get clothes for the funeral and my sisters and brother. My mom was on the phone with my stepdad (they were driving seperatly) and my mom was crying to him saying she just wished that she new if he was ok. She said that she wished he would just send some sort of sign just then it stopped raining and there was a rainbow right over her car. My stepdad said the end (or start) of the rainbow was on the roof of my moms car. My uncle was gay and the sign for gay is rainbows. Well a few months after the funeral I was thinking of my uncle and I said out loud that I wish I knew if he was thinking of us. A few hours later I saw a rainbow I talked to my mom later that day and she said the same thing happened to her around the same time too.
    cont.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I think it's a way for your grandmother to talk with you both. Telling you that you two haven't completely dealt with her passing and maybe you two should talk about it.

I totally believe in dreams!
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• That does seem weird to me. I don't really know what to make of that, given that I have no real experience with dreams and how they relate to grieving and what not. Here's a bump. Perhaps someone else will have more to offer you. I'm very sorry for the loss of your grandmother.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Neither weird or coincidence, it's almost like you and your mom are on the same psychic wavelength. You or her has the feeling, then the other one picks up on it and thinks it's her own. That is sometimes called Empath. Look it up i think you will find many similarities.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My grandma and I had almost the exact same dream after my uncle committed suicide that basically he came into our rooms while we were sleeping and told us that he was sorry and that he was "okay". It was only a one time dream, and I was staying at her house the night we had the dreams...maybe it was a "one stop shop" for him LOL.

I think sometimes those dreams are meant to be a communication, even though it freaks us out.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• It's your grandmas way of saying she is thinking of you. I am sorry for your lose I just lost my grandma last month. Grandmas are wonderful, stong woman. Stay strong!
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• @Mom1127-0125 Wow , that is amazing about your uncle...thankyou so much for sharing that with me and I am also extremely sorry for your lose. Thankyou again for sharing that with me, it was inspiring
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2011