How can I steralize bottles if I dont have a bottle steralizer?

soon2bmmy

Asked by soon2bmmy at 1:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• Put them is the dishwasher. Or boil some water on the stove and drop them in.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• If i put them in the dishwasher should I put them on the top rack or bottom rack?
    soon2bmmy

Comment by soon2bmmy (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• the dishwasher wont sterilize. put them in boiling water.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 1:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• boil them or bleach water which i dont believe in but thats what many daycares do and actually i dont steralize at all it helps build there immune system to get the little germs and fight them off so when they do get the bigger germs there defense is built up already
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Hot, soapy water.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• You don't need to sterilize bottles. Just wash them with hot soapy water like you do your other dishes.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Boiling water, or hot water & soap.

Unfortunately, the bacteria that accumulates in bottles from formula can actually be deadly. I find it sad that people would rather expose their children to that, than make sure they're cleaned properly. Laziness makes me sick.
    There are much better ways to build a child's immune system (like playing outside, and getting dirty!) than neglecting to clean their bottles properly.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I always just washed ours in the dishwasher. They came nice and clean. There is no need to sterilize, look at different sites and do some research and you will find that it is not needed any more.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Before you first use new bottles, nipples, and rings, you should sterilize them by submerging them in a pot of boiling water for at least five minutes. Then allow them to dry on a clean towel. After that, a good cleaning in hot, soapy water, or a cycle through the dishwasher is sufficient. If you have well water, repeated sterilization of the bottles may be best. --Babycenter
    Before the first use, you'll need to sterilize nipples and bottles in a rolling boil for 5 minutes. You can also sterilize them with a store-bought countertop or microwaveable sterilizer, but boiling works just as well and costs nothing. After that, you'll need to wash bottles and nipples in hot, soapy water (or run them through the dishwasher) after every use.--Kidshealth.org

Look for yourself but that is two that I found.

Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I always boiled them in a big pan. I never had a sterilizer either. We were new in the Air Force and had little money....you do what is the cheapest.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2011