How many games should be planned for a 2 hour birthday party?

The age of the kids will be 1 through 4 but mostly 2 and 3 year olds. There will be present opening and treats (including cookie decorating) but at this age, directed activity is preferred. To keep them busy, how many games should I plan? Parents will be staying so I'll have help. I am guessing that we'll have 6 to 8 children present.

Nonoluna

Asked by Nonoluna at 2:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think that the cookie decorating pretty much covers it. Next you could try activities involving making animals or hats with balloons, those long party balloons.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 2:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• You could always be prepared with pin the tail on the donkey / musical chairs/ or a pinata in case you run out of stuff?
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I've got loads of game ideas...how MANY should I do? We're doing a Spooky theme (my daughter chose - not conventional but it is her party). Should I be thinking 5 minutes per game or longer? These are little people with short attention spans that will be diminished upon sugar consumption.
    Nonoluna

Comment by Nonoluna (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Plan the game your daughter wants and cookie decorating and then just have games just in case ready to go since shoulds like a lot already. Just let them take their time and just being together and not a whole lots of games should be fine and alot of fun.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• just go with the flow, try to make sure each child gets a turn or 2, remembe not every kid goes at the same pace...some games may take 5 mins and others may take 20, it just dependson how easy for the kids to understand.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2011