C-section to natural birth...

I had cervical cancer when i was 16, it was removed by chryofreeze, they froze the abnormal cells off my cervix, but the doctor got the instrument stuck on the inside wall of my vagina and on my cervix. Like if you stick your tongue to a frozen metal pole. but anyway it caused alot of scaring, i was in labor for 4 days with my daughter because my cervix would not open, because of what happened. i had a c-section but my midwife said i should try for a natural birth this time, I was wondering if anyone had a similar situation and if you tried for a natural birth after having a c-section and if any one had complications or if it went successfully.

Tiewaz

Asked by Tiewaz at 2:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a C-section with my first, because my cervix would not dilate past 5cm and the baby's heartrate started to drop from distress. I opted to try a VBAC with my 2nd and everything went perfectly. I can't say that your medical history won't have an effect on vaginal labor because I really don't know anything about cervical cancer, but it can't hurt to try. In my opinion, a vaginal birth is soooo much better than a C-section and if there is a chance to have a vaginal this time I would go for it. Worst case scenario: it doesn't work and you have another C-section anyway.
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My body did not progress with labor (I was induced and did not dilate at all) and when I became pregnant a second time around, the doctor I had told me I could give a VBAC a shot, but the chances of me having a similar labor were pretty high so I opted for another c-section since I didn't want to go through a labor similar to the first. I'd talk to a doctor about it, if they tell you that you're a good candidate for a VBAC and you really want to do it, then go for it!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2011