Should corporal punishment be put back in schools?

MaterialGirl198

Asked by MaterialGirl198 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• NO. My mother didn't spank or use any form of physical punishment, and we all (her kids) turned out great. I don't either. I don't believe in it. We are not lacking discipline in our home, but the day anyone raises a hand to a child of mine will be the day i probably end up in jail (for using whatever they used on my child on them to an extreme). And my son is very well behaived, at home, school, and public.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 3:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No. I feel it's a parents write to spank or not to spank. NOT a school or teachers job to physically punish my kid.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Nope, because teachers and administration have no business punishing my child to that extent.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No . It is my responsibility to discipline my children and if they misbehave at school I expect to hear about it and i will deal with it .
    Schools are supposed to be places of learning and the notion of spanking pupils goes against any sensible philisophy of education .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I don't hit my kid, why should a teacher ?
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• nope. I beat a bitches ass if she hurt my child & embarrassed her like that...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Absolutely NOT. Some of those teachers had way too much enjoyment with corporal punishment.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• no!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• NO Teachers have no right to put their hands on a child like that. You never know what could happen, the teacher could lie about anything just because he/she dont like that child. Thats alot of the reason i'm going to homeschool kimberly.
    Kimberlysmama

Answer by Kimberlysmama at 3:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Sure they should.  If they want to start riots and have a lot of angry parents kicking teachers asses.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2011