We went out to eat with DIL AND SON my dil had the nerve to FLIRT WITH

Our waiter. it was wrong and embarrasing to my son and grandson. Should I confront her on this disrepectful behavior?????????????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope, don't say a word it isn't your place. Sorry.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Its your son's job to be irate with her. If that was me, being the bitch that I am, Id have told her right when she did it, how RUDE and disrespectful it was to openly flirt with another man in front of your husband, child AND inlaws at the same table.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Maybe express it to your son and let him talk to her.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• MYOB. What you may interpret as flirting (as a MIL) maybe just her outgoing personality. Let your son handle his own relationships now & in the future and just TRY to be nice if you can for your Sons sake.

Anonymous

• i would
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Many married people do it. I say let it go don't let it bother you. If I was in her shoes yeah I would not do it but hey everybody is different.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Me personally.

I would not say a word. I would be biting my tongue bloody no doubt. However I would not say a word. My son's marriage, his wife, his relationship with his wife is their business and not mine. I will take a lesson from both my mother and grandmother when my only son (only child) marries. That lesson is: Do not get involved in your children's marriage. If they ask advice, if they ask an opinion, freely give it . They asked for it. However, never take the first step and interject myself **into** their relationship.

((Note:: that does not mean that I would not say something if there was abuse, if someone was in danger..etc.. However interpersonal man-woman relationship between my son and his spouse is not my place or business))
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• not your place...not that I defend her but your idea of a huge flirt may be small and if yours on is bothered he is a BIG BOY and can fight hisown battles and your grandson depending his age probbaly did not even notice.
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt anything to her but i would talk to her husband about it. And if hes ok with it then i would just let it go.
    Kimberlysmama

Answer by Kimberlysmama at 3:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• she was calling the waiter sweetie and touched his arm when he put the food down. I dont know if the young lady is attention starved or what but i guess i will talk to my son abt it THANKYOU LADIES
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2011