What kind of outdoor Barbeque or grill do you use?

do you use gas, propane, charcoal, electricity to work it?

Does it make a difference if you buy a cheaper one or does it have to be hundreds of dollars?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 3:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Charcoal with applewood chips! It makes a BIG difference in flavor. I know when I was a teen I worked at a BBQ restaurant. Gas you really don't get that flavor. My hubby grills 2 times a week year round too!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• We prefer charcoal. The taste is much better. And for a charcoal grill, no it doesnt matter if you buy a cheap one or expensive one. We have a Weber kettle grill that was fairly cheap, and we have the big smoker/grill that cost us about $150. Both work just the same, the smoker just has a separate section for smoking foods and a larger area for grilling.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Also our grill is a Weber. Not cheap but it is worth it in the end. Charcoal does add up if you grill like we do lol. Buying the cheap coal is okay if you get lighter fluid.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• We have a nice charcoal grill, the best one my hubby could find. Its great. The propane ones are nice because you can have them ready to go in a minute, but nothing tastes better then a hamburger grilled over charcoal, absolutly worth the extra time.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 3:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• The less money you spend on it, the more often it will need to be replaced. We have a propane grill (big behemoth that hubby got as a bonus where he works). Ours has a smoker drawer in it that you put soaked wood chips in for the flavor. We love it because it takes no time to heat up unlike a traditional charcoal grill which takes a while for the coals to get to the right temp.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• gas
    juliemomx2

Answer by juliemomx2 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• We have a little gas grill
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:42 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• we have a charcoal grill.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I don't use an outdoor BBQ grill. I have had two explode in my face. We now use a Foreman.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 3:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2011