Advice needed....

Have any of you ladies been a teen mom? Going to school working and being a mom and trying to be a normal teen?? I watch 1f and pregnant I relized what all I have been threw and don't know how I have done it?? How did yall get threw it and even yrs later I'm 20 now and my son is 2 now. So does anybody have any advice finacally and mentally and like everything!

kolbysmama20

Asked by kolbysmama20 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• My dd was a teen mom. We helped her. She had to quit regular school in 8th grade bc of it. They put her in another school just for pregnant girls. She got her GED and they got her a job with the state in the Tax Collector's office. She has done great and now has her own business. I taught her how to do a budget and live within her means. She listened and has done well. She's in her 30's now and has another child.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• You can't be a normal teen when you have a baby. Twenty isn't a teen anymore anyways. You are just a young mom :) It's hard. Going to school, working & being a single mom is hard work. You just have to balance everything out & keep in mind, that you are making the future for you child better by going to school :)
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I was married, had a child, and finished college, and it was very, very difficult--so much so that I would not want to do it again. I can't imagine having to have done that on my own. It was a balancing act as it was, and I had help.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• What is normal anyway! I'm not sure age is the only factor - at any age, its tough to juggle parenting, money, and life! Find and use all the resources that you can to help you - gain stability, take care of physical needs and finances, and then see if there's something you can squeeze in, even if its just One thing, that you like to do, just for you. There is no shame in making use of social services, church resources, "welfare", and other community programs to get your life going and stabilizing. Just be sure to give back once you are OK. Keep up with your emotional support system as well, even if its just posting here. One day at a time. Keep at it, stay positive, don't give up! Best wishes to you!
    Jmomma532

Answer by Jmomma532 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2011