OPK's...

So I am attempting to use OPK's since I can't BBT cause of my rotating schedule. I feel like I am missing something because every test I have taken looks about the same 2 lines one dark (control) and one line that is slightly lighter in color (test line). This is the only time I have ever even gotten any test line (tried them before and got no test line at all). Yesteray's was slightly lighter than the day befores which was probably the darkest of all. I have been testing around the same time each day with non-FMU which is what the kit reccomended. I am using the answer brand because this is the only kit that has enough strips that I don't have to but 2-3 kits for my cycle which tends to run 52 days but has been 32 days the last 2 cycles (with clomid). I also am concerned that the clomid might have affected the results but when I called my OB/GYN he said the best way to tell if I have ovulated will be a positive pregnancy test (getting a 2nd opinion on the 20th...not really happy with current OB/GYN). Am I thinking too much on this??? Am I ovulating?

michcous

Asked by michcous at 3:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• You probably are thinking too much, but that's ok. Once you have to start using meds when TTC, you overthink. It can't be helped. I did it too :)
    OPKs are positive when the test line is AS DARK AS or DARKER THAN the control line.
    Clomid won't affect the results. Remember, when testing with non FMU (which is correct, that's what you're supposed to do) try to test at the same time every day.
    Baby dust!
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 6:23 AM on Apr. 18, 2011