Finish this sentence -- One thing I had hoped to HAVE or be doing by now is ....?

Have -- A home on the side of a Colorado mountain with lots of windows

Do/Be doing -- Parasailing

BaileysMom476

Asked by BaileysMom476 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I had hoped to not be divorced - I am; I had hoped to not be a single parent - I am; I had never wanted to "just live together" without marriage - and I am; I had never thought I could live with a smoker - I am..... and yet, I have found that none of these things are what I thought. Although divorced, I probably have a much better life now than before - although my daughter has a lifestyle I never wanted her to have, she knows probably better now than if we were still "one family" that she is loved, AND she gets to see some really positive role models - although we are not married, this is probably the most secure relationship I have ever had - and even though he is a smoker, he only smokes outside, and he is by far one of the most intelligent, kind and loving men I have ever met....
    Jmomma532

Answer by Jmomma532 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Have-my own home
    Be doing-I kind of thought I would be working but DH and I agreed that the best thing for our family right now is for me to be SAHM
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• have: personal and marital counseling in place, established in on the family calendar set in stone

do/be doing: A lot more things that combine me time w/ extra $$$$. Like ebaying. I am good at it, and enjoy it. And it pays a few bills. So why do I put it off?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I put all my trust in my husband who promised I would get to be a full time mom after we get through building our house. Well..we started building in 1991 and still not finished in 1993 we moved in anyway. After seperating in 2003 and finally divorcing in 2008 I now have had to sell the house, unfinished. At 50 I have 2 kids, one 24 and the other 12. I am unemployed with experience from years ago thats not getting me anywhere. One thing I had hoped to have by this time was a loving enviroment for my kids and settled. Our dream at the time was to have our own business.
    wannabehomemom

Answer by wannabehomemom at 4:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Have - Our own home on our own land with our garden.

Doing - Going back to school and getting my education up to date.
    dream-catcher

Answer by dream-catcher at 5:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Love your answers Jmomma -- an I am with you ACROSS THE BOARD -- I always said "I never want to be a single parent," but guess what? I AM -- and it isn't bad -- much better than the alternative!
    BaileysMom476

Comment by BaileysMom476 (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• awww -- wannabehomemom -- I'm sorry. I had hoped to have the same for my children. Guess we should just remember that everything happens for a reason! :-)

You ladies have some GREAT answers!
    BaileysMom476

Comment by BaileysMom476 (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Apr. 17, 2011