I am 16 weeks pregnant im alomst positive I lost my mucas plug late last night what does this mean for my baby?

raina411

Asked by raina411 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It means you should have had your butt on the phone with your doctor the minute you noticed it. It may or may not have been the plug...you need to be seen to know for sure.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Go to the doctor,go to the ER!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• it could have just been discharge it comes alot more and alot more frequent when your pregnant
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 4:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• It means nothing. Mucus Plugs regenerate.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I bet that wasn't your mucus plug. You produce a lot of discharge while pregnant.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 4:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Have you had sex with your SO recently?
    TMI but after my hubby and I have sex, the next day I get what looks like big snot like discharge, and a lot. But only after sex.
    Also, when pregnant you do have a lot more discharge then normal. If you are really concerned call your Dr.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:38 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Don't worry. Unless you are having other problems - major cramping, contractions, bleeding, etc. Like someone else said, the mucus plug regenerates. You might have lost it, but most likely it was extra discharge or just part. Believe me, you will no so much about discharge after your pregnancy. :D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2011