Just when you think their hearing is going...

We have 2 dogs that are getting up there in years. When I call for them to come in, I swear, I have to be seen & do the motions to get them in. I thought it was just hearing loss due to age. That was until yesterday. From another room, they heard me open a cheese wrapper & get the asprin bottle (the oldest dog gets for her hips) & came running! Now I know they're just like my kids- they have selective hearing! -LOL

Please share any of your funny or favorite pet stories :)

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Pets

• LOL! Mine is right there with yours! I rescued him from a shelter, so the vet was only able to guess his age due to the condition of his teeth, which are very, very bad! I, however, do not think he's that old. Lately, he's not heard things, such as the garage door opening and me coming in the house... but let me open a slice of cheese, or even the door of the fridge that the cheese is in, and he'll come running.... Beats me... I guess they are more human than we thought!!! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• They can only hear me when I'm opening a bag of dog or cat food, or getting myself something to eat! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• We used to have a guinea pig that was kept downstairs... he could hear us opening the fridge and rattling the bag of salad! He would start screaming (in guinea pig language)... The kids used to take the salad bag downstairs... he'd completely climb inside. I always thought he thought he had died and gone to heaven!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2011