It isn't as bad as I/you thought?

Has there been anything in your life that you really really dreaded -- and come to find out, it wasn't as bad as you thought?

Ex -- I always said I never EVER wanted to be a single parent -- But I am, and it isn't as bad as I thought -- It has definite advantages!

BaileysMom476

Asked by BaileysMom476 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Labor. Everyone loves to scare first time moms, so I got tons of horror stories. My own idiot mother told me I would want to crawl out of my body. I really didn't think it was that painful.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I always said I didnt want kids, now I have 2 and I am extremely happy.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My second labor was more painful than the first, but both were bearable. Certainly a whole lot less painful than I expected. Loooooong though because they were inductions. It was more frustrating than painful.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yowza! My first was 41 hours and my second was 36 hours. I had a bunch of stitches with my first (don't know how many, and I'm sure it was way less than 60. Took about a half hour) and no stitches with my second. I can't imagine 72 hours and 60 stitches. Isn't it amazing what we put ourselves through to get our children?!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• lol Julie -- That was true with me for the second child, it was easy, but I DID want to leave my body with the first one! Your a lucky girl!
    BaileysMom476

Comment by BaileysMom476 (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• mommy of 2 -- thats a good one -- i always said I wanted 3 -- but am perfectly content with 2!
    BaileysMom476

Comment by BaileysMom476 (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Ugh -- yea, my second was induced a month early -- but it still only took about 6 hours total! My first, I was in LABOR for 72 hours! And 60 stitches! UGH!
    BaileysMom476

Comment by BaileysMom476 (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Your absolutly right -- It was so terrible it took me 15 years to talk myself into having another!!
    BaileysMom476

Comment by BaileysMom476 (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2011