whats wrong with him? my son has been crying nonstop literaly since he was 2 months old doctor said hes a normal baby so wuts wrong?

when we read a book he crys when we sit down to eat he crys when we get into the car he crys and when its time for bed he crys!!!! the only time he doesnt cry is when he is in the bathtub playing for 1 hour. but when its time to get out he crys. it is driving me crazy and my stupid motherinlaw thinks i dont know how to take care of my son and she trys to take over on him. we have a language barrier in my house hold my husband and i r the only ones who speak english. please help can stand the crying anymore. hes only 9 months. i realize hes teething but my mom said thats not the problem.

jellybeansmom72

Asked by jellybeansmom72 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds like separation anxiety to me , does he stop when you are holding him ? just try and stay calm (easier said then done I know ) but try and soothe him with your words ie "its ok little man I am here" some babies are just cryers ,they just get in the habit of it , he should grow out of it , just hang in there ,
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 9:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• hmmm no not seperation anexity...

its the only way he knows how to communicate with you!

seems like your with him all the time,

so...i suggest letting him cry it out starting it out slow....mabe 10-20 minutes of letting him sit ...and cry.....see if it helps giving him somthing to do to distract him will help him as well, toys and things babies are bored most of the time, and they get frustrated,
    giving him differant toys every once in awhile will help,

have you tried orijel? i know its yukky but it helps with teeeth and maybe he would be best if he had a binkie? and toss that in the freeezer for a lil bit....cold washclothes...seem to help too. for teething....
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Have you tried babywearing? There are some really comfortable slings and wraps that allow older babies to be worn for long periods of time without hurting the wearer. My son went through a phase similar to the one you are describing, and it worked like a charm! There is a ton of positive babywearing research, and lots of groups here on Cafemom that I'm sure would offer you a lot of comfort, support, and info. Try the AP Toddler group (I don't remember if it is private) since they have info on wearing bigger babies and toddlers.

Good luck!
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 11:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I read an article few days back in which a lady had the same problem
    here is the link to tht article
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1086810/I-poisoned-baby-breastfeeding--doctors-said-I-neurotic.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2008