If you were going away for a month how much clothes would you pack for a 3 ,8,11,15 year old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Travel

• This is too broad of a question. Where are you going? Are there washing facilities there? What will they be doing? What is the climate like? on and on.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would just pack a weeks worth of clothes that way you're not packing their whole closet.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Depends..will there be a washer and dryer available? If so I would pack 4 changes of clothes per child.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I say about 10 different outfits each -- casual/dress/everyday -- kind of depends on where your going!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I guess it depends on the event/purpose. Is it for PLEASURE? Like a trip or cruise? I'd use their packing list carefully.

I'd also expect at least 1 kid to have a growth spurt in that time. I'd map out the local walmart and payless shoes for emergencies.

I'd pack mainly, too, depending on your access to laundry services/facility. A hotel? Well I'd pack 7 days of clothes and do laundry 3x and bring home 1 set each of dirty stuff.

There's a lot of variables!!!!!!!!! weather? coats? swimming? must you bring your own towels/linens too?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• We are going to florida in july yes very hot and yes there is washer and dryer there
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Did i mention its my mil house
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would only pack for the 3 year old. I would tell my older ones to pack 4-5 shorts, 7-8 shirts, 7-8 "underwear", 3-4 pajamas, etc. but I wouldn't pack for them. Since it's for a month, I might tell them to lay everything on their bed and look it over before they put it in the suitcase/duffel bag - but my 9 and 11 yo's pack their own stuff when we go on vacation. We go for 7-10 days, but with 5 kids I do a load of laundry usually every night when we come in when we are on vacation so I'm not overloaded when we get home and so we don't end up overpacking. I'm from the "less is more" camp!

Answer by missanc at 4:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I wouldn't pack more than a week of clothes and wash when dirty.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2011