Has anyone had good luck with hormone suppositories after miscarriages?

My sister has had 3 early (5 week) miscarriages in the last year. (between miscarriage 2 and 3 they did a lot of testing for clotting factors, etc.) After the last miscarriage she asked her doctor about hormone suppositories and about testing her progesterone levels. The doctor was hesitant, because they say that there is no studies saying that it works. They did test her and found out that her progesterone levels are very low. She goes back later this month for another test. Just wondering if anyone has had luck with the suppositories? My heart goes out to my little sister, she's starting to feel like there's no hope. They recommended that she see a specialist, but insurance doesn't pay. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I'd skip the suppositiories ( too messy imo) and get either oral or injectable. My progesterone was low too so as soon as I found out I was pregnant I was given progesterone injections every week. I had to continue until week 36, but it was well worth it. I hadfour babies thanks to the injected supplement.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2011