Natural Disasters the Wrath of God?

Does anyone still believe this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Me personally.

No, that is not something I believe.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Personally no.
    The Earth is forever changing. The planet is made up of plates that are constantly shifting and moving, there is still a ton of volcanic activity especially in the ocean. There is proof that the worlds geography was very different then what it is today. The Earth has gone through Warm spells and Cold spells, nothing stays the same.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yes there are still people who believe this. I am not one of them, but I know some people who think along those lines.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• NO. they are the result of the earth stabilizing itself. if we didn't have natural disasters the earth would just implode
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I do, and soon they will too.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:54 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I do think that everything that happens comes from G-d, but He also makes everything happen for a reason, not just out of "wrath". In fact, anger is a human emotion, G-d doesn't feel anger or jealousy. Those are emotions necessary in imperfect beings. If a natural disaster happens, there's a reason for it, an ultimately positive reason that we cannot know now due to our limitations of time and space.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• LMAO, NO!! No fracking' way...thats ridiculous.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I'm sure there are people that believe that, but I am not one of them. I do believe that the severity of the storms comes in phases and we are currently in one of those phases.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2011