What to do to start the process of adopting?

My husband and I have been TTC for over a year now and with the issues we have going on with my body, we are getting discouraged and were wanting to start looking into adopting. I am scared and not sure how to even go about starting the process of everything. If anyone has any helpful tips I would be very thankful for them.

gwenndla

Asked by gwenndla at 4:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Adoption

• Depends on what kind of adoption you are interested in. Foreign or domestic? Open or Closed? Infant or child? Single or sibling group? Through foster or through an agency? Read up on all the pros and cons of each and then go from there..
    Anonymous

• Thank you. I didn't know how much or many I should say, of different kinds of adoption there are. I really want to start a family and I just am lost sometimes are even where to begin. Thank you again for the insight it gives me a start off point.
    gwenndla

Comment by gwenndla (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I agree it depends on what kind of adoption you are interested in; do your homework and then you'll know more answers; good luck
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• start the process of adopting
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• DH and I adopted twins last year. PLEASE check out my group here on CM, M.A.M.A. (Making Adoption More Affordable) for advice, tips and support. Please PM me as well.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 11:52 AM on May. 1, 2011