Do you share with household expenses? adult content

hi to All. I have only been married for 7 mos now but I am going through hell with my skids esp SD12. worse, my DH who claims he's trying to resolve the problem is actually the 'all talk, but do nothing' guy. I am considering divorce but I thought of getting counseling to see if that would work. the discussion that I had with the 1st counselor wasn't that good. I mean he told me everything that I already know (and that there's no way I could salvage this marriage bcoz my DH isn't cooperating with me). but the counselor was so professional and straight forward with his analysis that even if I was so angry inside, I was able to look at the problem more objectively.

even before I met up with the counselor, I figured it might be helpful if I stay out of the haus and away from the skids (DH comes home every 2 weeks from trucking). I maybe be very angry with the skids and they way they are treating me and DD15 but I'm a mother too and I feel the skids should have quality time with DH. inspite of this goodwill in my heart, I feel bad somehow bcoz I feel like a trapped animal seeking refuge in someone else's house every 2 weeks. oh well, I made that choice so be it right?

apart from being away from the haus when DH and skids are home, I also thought of getting a place for me and DD15 (until now, most of our clothes are in our luggage bags). there's really no place for DD15 and I in DH's haus. DH recommended that I rent the apartment at the back of the haus so he'd still have time to come by and visit me. ever since DH said that, I wondered.... what's the point of being married to a man if I were going to look after myself? does this man really love me???

for I don't know reasons... DH started talking to me about financial issues. it started first with me paying my share for utility bills in his haus. gee.... I haven't found a job yet and I am already looking at bills and payables. last night, DH and I had a fight over the phone regarding savings issue. he proposed that should I get a job, we'll save my pay in the bank and we'll just use his pay for everyday expenses. that really hit me cold. OMG! I am treated like shit in his haus and he's done nothing to resolve it, and now am hearing this!?!

jdroxford

Asked by jdroxford at 5:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• Sorry if it sounds harsh, but it really sounds more like roommates then a marriage.

ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• It really does not sound like you had everything figured out before marriage.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 5:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• House
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• might help if you didn't refer to your step-children as skids.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011