Should I go to the Dr.?

Hello all you wonderful mamas!!

I am very indecisive and tend to hate doctors so I would like your opinions on whether or not I should go to the ER for an injury. I don't have a family dr so I can't go see them.

I fell off the treadmill (I'm an idiot who shouldn't be on it apparently) and hurt my foot. I can bear weight but not a lot and it hurts. There's a lump/bulge on the top just below where the toes meet the foot bones. I can wiggle my toes; my big toe best, the others I can't do one at a time it's a group thing and it hurts to do it. There's a bruise but it's not to definite. It's not really swollen other than that lump. It throbs which radiates up to my ankle...

I think it's just lightly sprained but I'm not a doctor. Granted, I'm sure many of you aren't but it helps an indecisive doctor disliker like me to make a decision when I have other people's opinions..

I appreciate your help and thoughts!! Please don't make fun of me, I already feel like a moron. :o)

~EDIT: After resting for a couple of hours, I can no longer put weight on my foot without lots of pain... *said sarcastically*Oh yay.

ElijahsMom211

Asked by ElijahsMom211 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Health

• Sounds like you broke you toes or jammed them if you can move them. I would go see a doctor.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• *cant
    mommy_of_two388

• Oh Momma you should go you could have torn a muscle strained it and some of that can lead to bigger problems go to make sure.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Put some ice on it. It's like 5 minutes on and 5 off. Personally I would wait a day but if the pain gets intense you might want to go.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Also take an anti-inflamatory like Ibuprofen.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 5:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I agree you should have it looked at better to be safe then sorry and then if there is something they can treat it for you and give you pain medicine also
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would give it a couple days but if it doesn't improve then see the doctor.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• The lump leads me to believe that it's something more then a bruise. I think you should get it checked out.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 7:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would say to give it some time, ice it, and take some ibuprofen. I tend to be a waiter though and not go unless I absolutely have to.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 7:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would get it checked out, just incase! Hope it heals up soon!
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2011