5 month old and eatting

I give my daughter a meal in the morning about 8ish and by 9:30 she is ready for a bottle is this normal then she has another one about 11 takes her nap wakes up I feed her another meal for lunch and about 1hour and half later she is ready for another bottle and and so on it seems like she is eatting every hour and half or 2 hours she is normal weight a little tall for her age does that have anything to do with it?

dewey_scoles

Asked by dewey_scoles at 9:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No...it would suck for us if we were on a liquid diet, wouldnt it?

Feed her as she wants to be fed...if her health is perfect i wouldnt worry about how much she is consuming,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• She might be going through a growth spurt.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No it's perfectly normal mine always ate and then had a bottle.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Growth spurts are normal around the six month mark, and my pediatrician told me that for some reason taller babies hit growth spurts a little earlier. Keep feeding her on demand, her feeding routine will go back to normal soon.

You can also try feeding her an ounce or two of bottle with her meals to "wash it down" and it may eliminate her want for a bottle so soon after. This is a good time to introduce the sippy cup, even if you have to hold it for her.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 11:25 AM on Dec. 2, 2008