I have no idea why my son would do this? way tmi sorry

Ok yesterday we were at toysrus and my son was getting way wound up he is 5. Well we were checking out and I was talking to the checker when another lady walked up and said your son pulled his pants down and kinda like itched himself and thought it would be funny to rub it on his brothers face. Lets say i have never been so embarrassed in my whole life. I have no idea were he would have ever gotten to do something like that. So i took him by the arm and took him to our car leaving my hubby to pay and get everything. Anyone have something like this happen? Tried talking to him and he wont tell me why he did it. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm sure he was just being gross...like little boys do sometimes. (ie farting in someone's face...rubbing your butt on things, spitting) I'm sure he doesn't get any of the sexual things that go along with a penis yet.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yeah agree with pp...he was just being a boy. There doesn't have to be a reason behind it. Boys are gross and they think gross things are funny. It doesn't get better either. Most grown men think the same way. Just explain to him that its disrespectful to others to do things like that and he needs to keep his grossness to himself. I have to tell my 7 yr old that all the time.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• He was just being a boy. And him not being able to tell you why means there was no real hidden intentions or whatever he was just wound up like you said and being a gross boy.-your son is not gross, you know what I mean. It'll be alright...I'm sure all of us with young boys will deal with a lot of that.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• When I was younger my brother used to do crap like that to me and my sister and there was nothing sexual about it, he was just trying to be gross and annoying. To make you feel better my brother didn't turn out bad, he is in the Air Force Reserves and is in college at RIU enrolled in their Pharmacy program. He is a pretty respectable member of the community. Don't worry about it. It is all about growing up. Just discipline him the way that you see fit.

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 9:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Totally just being a boy. My son does that too, and it's only me, him and his brother. Mine's never done it in public (for which I will be eternally grateful if he continues that...lol), but as you said, he was wound up.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:38 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• He could have gotten that idea anywhere. Cartoons, books, hearing other kids at school talking about it. You never know. I recently caught my DS in the back yard stark naked and running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Thank God it was in my back yard. I asked him where he got an idea like that and he referenced a book I read to him (No, David) that has an illustration of the main character running down the street naked. Boys.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I agree with the previous answers. Boys are gross! And kids, even at 15 let alone 5 don't really know "why" they do things sometimes. Remember their brains are still developing so they don't even think the same way we do. I've given up asking the "why did you do that?" question. I find "do you think that was a good idea, and why not?" are much more affective.
    Star76

Answer by Star76 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I hate to be the weird one to come out in say it...but it could possibly mean he is being molested. Don't freak and go nuts, just think about it. If there is anyone around that may be doing anything?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2008