Do couples that marry young really divorce More then other

couples.. or this just a MYTH??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Its a proven fact. Couples under 25 have a divorce rate over 50%.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:37 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• What she said ^
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I'd trust vbruno's answer!!!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Here is an interesting article on young divorce rates claiming they re over 67%...   http://www.leeraffel.com/99_01.html

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yes and I'll tell you why the frontal lobe of a human being which control judgement isn't fully developed until after the age of 25 so ppl under that age tend to be more impulsive and make poor decisions...(not to say all these marriages end or are a bad judgement call) but as you grow you change and not often enough you grow away from that person or in different ways causing conflict and ultimately separation and divorce. My advice any young person is to not get married until you have been together an significant amount of time and are getting married for the right reasons.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Honestly - different sources say different things. But the divorce rate is highest in the group that got married before they were 20 years of age. And the highest divorce rates are in those that are in 2nd and 3rd marriages.
    Anonymous

• I believe it. My parents married at 18 and 22, 6 mos after they met. Yeah, they didn't last. I don't think many couples get to know each other well enough before jumping into a marriage to be quite honest. The younger age group will tend to JUMP IN imo.

Anonymous

• 50% of all marriages where the bride is 25 or older end in divorce.

Those that cohabit before marriage - they are more likely to end up divorced that those who have not.
    Anonymous

• whew... I married at 26 so I guess Ill do better than 50/50!
    Anonymous

• I was 21 and my husband 22 when we got married, we also have a lot of other friends that are couples that got married young as well.....we're all still married and still happy. I think when it comes to getting married, some people rush in and that's why it doesn't work out. I don't think it's just young people that have that issue.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 5:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2011