• In the Spotlight:

Which is better? All inclusive, or just on your own?

I did an all inclusive once but am not sure it was such a great value?

Mammaw0604

Asked by Mammaw0604 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Travel

• We alwyas did it on our own after analyzing the deals. But I have heard some of the all inclusives for Mexico resorts are fantastic. I have friends who have gone to 2 different Mexico resorts and loved it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• We will never go on a vacation that is not all-inclusive. We booked Riveria Maya for 5 nights for $3100 and when we get there, we get $1500 back in resort money to use on sightseeing, spa, activities that aren't already covered.

If you shop around, you can find some really great deals. Applevacations.com and cheapcarribean.com are our favorite sites. We could go to Punta Cana for $1600 for 2 of us with flight included.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• We prefer to do your own, but we tend to visit many off the beaten path places-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• We prefer our own except for cruises. For a land vacation I don't want to be so tied down to one place.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 7:39 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Depends on where you are travelling to.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I prefer to do it on my own.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:51 AM on Apr. 22, 2011