my son doesnt crawl yet wont sit by himself cuz he lazy wont hold his bottle and he 9 months old. my niece was born the same week as him and he is already walking is there something wrong with my son

jellybeansmom72

Asked by jellybeansmom72 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• noo all children are different. they learn at different paces. some are just lazy. some kids never walk either. and nine months is really early to walk. my son is 8 months old and started crawling when he was 4 months old.. and at 5 months old he was already pulling himself up and walking along furniture. my friend has a baby that is a month and half older than him and she JUST started doing that around 8-9 months!! Your baby will learn. just be happy he you don't have to chase him all over the house yet!!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No, every baby is different so don't compare. He will get there. My nephew was born 5 days before my daughter, she wouldn't hold a bottle or cup till 9 months and he did. She walked at 10 months and he didn't walk till 13 months. He says more words that my daughter and he clapped his hands before mine. So don't get upset about it, you will drive yourself nuts comparing.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Well .....There is alot of things, all babies are differant,
    but at 9 months he should sit up being lazy or not,

i would consult the doc,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• All babies develop at a different pace. By 9 months he should be sitting though. My son didn't sit until 10 months and he was diagnosed as a "floppy baby". We later learned that he had decreased muscle tone in his stomach region.

Does you baby have constipation problems???

I would at least ask for a referral to a pediatric neurologist...If nothing else but for peace of mind.
    MommyTatum

Answer by MommyTatum at 9:22 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I would definately bring it up with the doc before you decide that baby is just lazy. Nine months is kind of old to not do any of these things. Has the doc already said anything thing about this?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Well do you enable this behavior? Do you put him on the floor often so he has no choice but to move zc? He may cry a bit at first but you are going to have to force him to move...just make sure you get an all clear from your doc first
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:10 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think I would be a little worried about not sitting by himself but the other things like crawling and holding his bottle are not a big deal.. he might do those things soon. I would talk to the doctor about his sitting though... and maybe another other concerns with his development.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• You should take him to the doctor. They can reference him to the Early Intervention or 0-3 program that provides therapy and any other specialists that need to be consulted.

My 1 year old son has low muscle tone in his trunk which prevents him from doing anything that a normal baby can do. He was diagnosed with cerebral palsy in September by his neurologist. He recieves a lot of different therapy through Early Intervention. He has made a lot of progress in the past couple of months. Although he still can't sit up, we are happy with his progress.

I'm going to say this as nicely as I can... Babies can't be lazy. They don't have the ability to figure out how to be lazy. If they are not doing what is normal, there is something wrong that needs to be found. It is not his fault.

sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2008