I cant seem to stay on a diet any suggestions on how to keep myself motivated?

chloecolton

Asked by chloecolton at 6:04 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• no , im fighting this also
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Just eat what you like, but watch your calorie intake.... Have you tried sparkpeople.com?
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I am struggling with motivation also, I do great until the weekend
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Ditto. I'm just recently acknowledging the fact that I AM addicted to certain foods.

Find a support person or support group.

Raid you house of ALL junk foods, sodas and white foods. If it isn't in your house you can't have it.
    Drink only water.
    Journal what you are eating a review it at the end of the day.

Daily affirmations-you are worth it.
    Visualize your self eating healthy foods, looking slimmer, being healthier overall.

Good Luck you can do this!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Yes, you can stick to a diet. It only takes willpower.

Purge your house of all junk foods, chips, sodas, storebought cookies and sweets, candies, white bread, etc.

Shop for whole foods--fruits, vegetables, lean meats, rice/beans/wheat pasta in bulk, eggs, 2% milk, 100% juice. Avoid buying processed foods.

Then learn how to cook from scratch. You will be so much healthier just for cutting all the added sodium/fat/sugar found in processed foods.

Drink a lot of water and tea.

It's okay to eat dessert--in moderation. One cookie, not three.

Pay attention to portion sizes and use measuring cups if necessary.

I agree with the previous poster about using a food journal--I did that, and it opened my eyes to how much junk I was packing into my diet.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 8:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• hello hows your exceriseing today going?well i i take walks around my block at a certain time aday or walk my dog ,or fine a video on rainig days that i can dance to in the house ,its fun and helps you loose weight and i also take dont need to lose weight but i have good tip for you it helps when your insides are cleaned out of all the stuff we eat so heres what i do buy at any helth food store or theres one by game stop off florin if you know were that is ( get this ACAi 90%pure acai berry liquid dietary supplement 12 ounces put it in any juice drink you like not to drink by its self it tasts nasty so mix it with any kind of your favorite fruit smoothie or juice make sure it says dietary .it works ,ok well let me know if try it have a good day much love and peace from dawn.
    sunshine961

Answer by sunshine961 at 7:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2011