Can contractions hurt in your mid back and upper stomach, like under your ribs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, Most of those may be BH contractions.. however, there is a thing called "back labor" which you may feel these while in actual labor or pre-term labor...

To make sure its just a BH false contraction and not the real deal, try moving... If you can move or change positions and it goes away thats what it most likely was. I like to use a warm compress every now and there for 10-15 mins (not too hott! theres a baby in there!) on my sides or back just to ease the discomfort xXx♥xXx
    xXShutterflyXx

Answer by xXShutterflyXx at 11:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• yes. If you think you are having a contraction feel your stomach. It will feel really hard like a rock then soften up as it stops.
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• With my pregnancies those were always the "Braxton Hicks" contractions.  When I went into actual labor, the contractions were more centered in the middle/lower part of my stomach.  Every one is different and if your having contractions of any kind it's better to get checked.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2011