Cold Cereal, Brand or Generic?

I was buying cereal today and got the semi generic bagged kind. It got me thinking, what do you get?
I usually get the brand name stuff because we get the really large boxes and they have two or more bags in them and the overall cost is low(compared to the same amount in the grocery store).

nova.mommy

Asked by nova.mommy at 6:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I buy the Malt o meal most of the time in the bag, you get so much more for the price of a box.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• we've bought both..can't really tell that much difference in taste. i was buying the huge bags because i thought it'd last longer..but my dh just ate it more often (two huge bowls each night, about an hour after dinner!)!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• i always buy brand.. not really sure why..just do .
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Depends on the cereal. I have recently discovered Chocolate Chex. Haven't found a generic for that. But I don't mind the Apple O's or some of the other generics.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• usually I get the generic
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• We usually get the name brand things if we are at Costco. If we are at the grocery store it depends on the actual cereal.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 6:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I forgot to add that the big boxes we get from Sam's Club.
    nova.mommy

Comment by nova.mommy (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Now that I've discovered the joy of coupons we have tons of name brand cereal, I don't mind generic but if I can get the name brand cheaper I'll do it.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I buy generic if possible.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• It really depends on the cereal that I am buying and who is the primary eater. If it is my cereal which is usually raisin bran the generics that I have tried are just no the same. Cherrios can go either way. Miniwheats generics are not usually as good. I don't know I try to be cheap but it is one of the things that I can taste a big difference in.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2011