Bedroom/playroom

My daughter has a playroom separate from her bedroom. When she has friends over they stay in the playroom. She has a computer in her bedroom and I really don't want a bunch of kids messing with it. Also since there are no toys in her room it makes it easier to keep it clean. Do you think this rule in unreasonable?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Boys share a bedroom. All the toys and games are in the toyroom. It works great for us.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• no! i wouldnt want them in the bedroom, there is no reason for it if there arent any toys in there!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Nope. That would be fun! I had several friends growing up that did the same thing. We weren't allowed in their bedrooms. Great idea, by the way!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• nope..when ds has a friend over, they are only allowed to play in his playroom or outside. no playing in the bedroom, or running the house.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• If we had enough rooms we would do the SAME thing! ONLY special toys in their rooms.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• We had a bedroom and then a playroom but my girls were fighting too much and not really playing in their playroom. I split all the toys up and gave them separate rooms. They actually play with the toys now and not as much fighting. I would love to have a third room to use as a playroom.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No it doesnt sound unreasonable to me. My sons room and playroom are the same room but we dont have enough rooms to seperate them.
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 7:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• This sounds like a reasonable rule to me. The playroom is where the action is. It should be a pretty enticing place! A room with an unsupervised computer doesn't sound like a good place for kids to "play".
    Mykidsmom333

Answer by Mykidsmom333 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• *Makes mental note to move the toys BACK out of the bedroom and turn my craft room back into a play room* Grumble grumle
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 6:14 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Just FYI. The computer has no internet access. I don't believe that an eight year old needs internet in her room. She can come downstairs for that.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 7:50 AM on Apr. 18, 2011