My son wants to walk to school tomorrow. When should we leave to get there on time?

Mapquest says our house is exactly 2.4 miles and 6 minutes driving away from his school. He has to be to school at 8:30am, what time do you think we should leave?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Travel

• Honestly, I'd put it off until you could walk him home from school that way you can figure out how long it takes the two of you. Or wait till a weekend and walk together, either or.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 7:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• 7:45 just to be safe.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• google.maps has a walking route calculator that may give you a good idea!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• 7:30
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• It takes me, personally, an hour to walk 2 miles. My kids are much faster than me. Back in the day I walked 2 miles to work every day and it took me 40 minutes. I could have done 2.5 miles in an hour.
    I'd probably wait and do a trial run on a non-school day to test it out. I do that myself when I know I need to walk somewhere and get there on time (or, even if we have to drive...if we've never been there before).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:37 AM on Apr. 18, 2011