NEW RULE at my house!

I am so sick and tired of hearing the question 'When is dinner ready?' 'I'm starving' 'Is it time to eat yet?' 'Can I just have a little snack until it's ready?' I informed them that I have never allowed them to starve. They eat dinner every night at the same time. They had a snack. The next person to ask me about dinner will sit in their room while every one else eats and then they can have their dinner! Is this mean? I am just so tired of them claiming to be starved. They have no idea what starved is! lol. Geeze.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Sounds good to me! I may adopt ur rule!
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• sounds fair to me ! they can help prepare dinner or put the table if they are sooo hungry, lol
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 7:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Ohmygoodness, sounds like it's time for the kids to go back to school tomorrow.
    Yeah, whenever I'm in the kitchen someone will say " what are you making"?
    Not a damn thing is my usual response....anywhoo I feel ya momma. GL with the new rule, might I suggest bringing the munchkins into the kitchen to help so they can eat faster? And then quickly rush them right back out again.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• In our house, you ask about the meal - you are in charge of planning, cooking, and cleaning up.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I like it.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I don't suspect I will ever have to follow through. Maybe once.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• my dh always says, ''whattaya wanna do for dinner?''..my usual response is ''have a beer and a smoke. what do you want to fix?''
    LOL!!
    (and i rarely have beer in the house, nor cigs for a long time, now.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• lightbulbi love it !!! i think all this whining is very rude. they might as well be saying "hurry up with the damn food woman!) that's how i would interpret all the whining while i am slaving my ass over a hot stove.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• LOL!! Wish I would have thought about that years ago!!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2011