Would you be offended if your DIL asked you and your husband to send

a fathers day card. this happened last year. and my son is a big boy he doesnt need a card.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• WHAT! Its a sweet gesture to send your son a fathers day card. I think you are being a douche, go to the damn dollar store and get him a 50 cent card.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I agree with mrs harsh... Why not just send him a card. No, he doesn't NEED one, but it's nice being reminded that people see that you are being a good father...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I have to agree with Mrs_Harsh. Its a simply gesture of respect and love towards your son and the life that he has made for himself. Has nothing to do with not being a big boy or not. While you're at it, you should send her a mothers day card too.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 7:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I'm confused actually lol but from what I am getting, no.... no matter what age someone is they still deserve a Father's day card! Wouldn't you want a Mother's day card? btw that was in no way being mean :)
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Awwww. I think it's sweet of her to ask. Goes to show you just how much your son means to her! Send him a card. Gah, send her a card for Mother's day too...
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Really? You can't send your son a card as a sweet gesture? It sounds to me like she really thinks a lot of your son and is trying her best to make him happy. That should make YOU happy that he has a woman trying to be good to him. At least she called you and asked you. She could have expected you to do so and then got PO'd when you didn't.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No. I wouldn't be offended. It should be that the son sends his Dad a card not the other way around, or they whole family can get together and celebrate all of the fathers in the family.

Ignore "Mrs Harsh." Someone must have peed in her Wheaties this AM.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 7:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• the real quesiton is why would you not want to send him one.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 7:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• No , No one peed in my wheaties :) Just honest to a fault but im ok with that!!!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Just send the card
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2011