How much time do you (REALLY) let your kids watch. LOL

juliemomx2

Asked by juliemomx2 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I assume you mean tv? lol
    My oldest daughter watches one movie a day while the youngest sleeps. No tv other than that, we don't have cable (too much crap on it, didn't want to pay for it anymore)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 7:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Almost no tv during the week. Weekend cartoons.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Maybe an hour in the evening if there is something on that we all like. Sometimes we'll watch a movie on tv or netflix. They tend to read or play games with us.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• About 2hours a day.
    sarah389

Answer by sarah389 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My DD watch's about 1 hour (really 40 mins) during the week and about 2 hours per day on the weekend.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• ok i wont lie and you may think i am a bad mom but we have tv's on 24 hours a day bacause i cant stand not having the background noise. however, my kids do not sit infront of it all day. they just dont care about it. they are at school all day then go to bed around 8. when its nice they come home and go out side or play with toys. there are cartoons on the tv right now and they arent paying any attention. i would say on average they watch 1-1.5 hours a day average off and on
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I'll also assume you mean TV.

School days about 2 hours (either a movie or several shows) after any homework and outside time and a shower. If it was a bad day at school there's no tv/movies

Weekends are less but not on purpose. we're outside more, visiting grandma, bikes, dance class, etc etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Aschwarz, I agree with you. I have it on MOST of the day also, and you know what...i think they tend to watch less. I don't mind at all if they watch tv, cartoons now a days are so educational. My kids are very active and would rather be outside...they don't care if it's 40 degrees out, but I do.

ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• My tv is on all the time. My daughter watches it maybe 3 hours throughout the entire day. Usually I put Dora on or Full House and she plays while it's on. We usually color or go over her letters while the tv is on. This is usually when it isn't nice enough to go to the park or play outside.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• A lot. Depends on the weather. If it's nice I insist they go outside and play. But on crappy days they just watch TV all day if they are behaving. If they start fighting it goes off and they have to find something else to do. As long as their homework and chores are done I don't care how much they watch. The only one I ever really have to force away from the TV is my oldest (almost 11). The other 3 will turn the TV off on their own and go do something else. In the summer they only watch in the morning and after it's dark because the rest of the day they are outside. It all balances out for me.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:34 AM on Apr. 18, 2011