Spin off question.

My husband and I have tried for five years to have a baby. When I see that parents left their kids alone in a bathtub, drove them off into a lake, shook them, or otherwise harmed them, I think Why not just give that child to someone who wants it. I remember them finding a baby in a box on the side of the road. The baby was still alive but barely. I just remember thinking they could have gone two more miles down the road and dropping the baby off at the fire station.

I wish I could just put an ad out there saying bring me your unwanted baby. Avoid jail time and give the kid a good shot at life.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• I know...I feel for you.
    And my daughter and her DH do too---they are trying to get pregnant and these stories are so depressing for them. They are checking on adoption,too, in case they can't have their own baby and that is getting more difficult all the time.
    I wish all the best for you ,Shaken1976. .
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I know there are a lot of people out there that would love to take these children.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:51 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I would say they do it because they are too ashamed to admit that they can't make it as parents. If they drop the kid off, there will be questions asked.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 7:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Some local newspapers will let you post adoption ads in there weekly papers. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about how selfish people can be, they need to think about their kids for once.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I agree. The world is a messed up place. Hang in there; keep praying. I know it is painful...

Friends of ours tried to have a baby for 20 years. There were fibroids in her uterus. Once she had them removed, she became pregnant after about a year. We all thought it was the answer to prayer, but no, actually that baby miscarried. :( She (and we) kept praying and now they have two beautiful, healthy children, born when she was 42.

I don't know if you are religious or not, but just keep in mind God hears you either way. It wouldn't hurt to try.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 7:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2011