• In the Spotlight:

Sometimes I feel like the only one here....

I hate the fact that my periods are so irregular that it makes it so hard for my husband and I to try for another baby. Our first one we tried for 4 months and then kind of gave up and then 7 months after that we got pregnant when we really weren't actually trying any more. The only thing about this pregnancy is that we need it to happen soon cause our son is almost 2 and we want him to have a brother or sister close in age to him. Are there really other women out there that are going through the same thing ( irregular periods). It really sucks but Im going to start tracking my temps when I get my period back.... when ever that is.

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• i am goin throw the same thing right now i have a lil girl that will be two soon and we want to have another one so they will be close in age and its takin for ever to get preggers and my peroids are really jaked up. it took us a while to get her too good luck
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 9:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It took us 2 years to have my son. The only time I actually ovulated on my own was the time we concieved. We are now ttc #2. It has been 17 months. I have not ovulated once. No periods. You should definlty go see your dr. Sounds kinda like you are not ovulating. PCOS is what I have.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Hi! Im going through the same thing except I dont have any children yet. I have very irregular periods and it makes the process soooo stressful. Im ttc and Im so stressed out bc I havent had a period in a while and now I have to go see a doctor. Have you tried any of the meds people talk about? Im going to start charting, maybe we can go through this together!
    misscomplex9890

Answer by misscomplex9890 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I dont know what the problem is cause right befor we got pregnant with our first son, I went 4 months with out a period so this is kind of what Im running into again except I have been having my periods for the past 4 months and now all the sudden I missed my period so I have no idea whats going on. To make matters worse, my husbands insurance doesn't pick up for another month or two so I cant go to the doctor right now to find out whats going on. If were not pregnant by the time insurance kicks in, then Im definitely going my OBGN. Thanks ladies for sharing your stories with me. Good luck to you guys as well!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:48 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My periods have never been regular - anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months since I've been keeping track. The best thing I can recommend is to start charting (you can go ahead and start without your period having started yet, you'll still be able to see a temp shift if/when you ovulate or when your period does start), it was sooo helpful for me. Not only did it show me that I do in fact ovulate, but it told me when I could expect my period, which I know is a big deal for those of us who otherwise have no idea. So do that, and that way you'll at least know if you're ovulating or if that might be the problem, in which case the doc will know what to do to fix it.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2008