Could this spell a little trouble for Obama

FEC Investigators Digging Into Obama's 2008 Campaign

Barack Obama raised a record-shattering $750 million on his way to winning the 2008 presidential election. But that stunning flood of cash has triggered an investigation by the Federal Election Commission, which is taking a detailed look at the campaign's records and transactions.

In October 2008, Newsmax's Ken Timmerman reported that questions about the source of Obama's amazing fundraising were already swirling around. He reaped a stunning $150 million in campaign donations in September of that year, bringing his total at the time to more than $600 million.

As Timmerman reported:

By Obama’s own admission, more than half of his contributions have come from small donors giving $200 or less. But unlike John McCain’s campaign, Obama won’t release the names of these donors.

A Newsmax canvass of disclosed Obama campaign donors shows worrisome anomalies, including outright violations of federal election laws.

For example, Obama has numerous donors who have contributed well over the $4,600 federal election limit.

Many of these donors have never been contacted by the Obama campaign to refund the excess amounts to them.

And more than 37,000 Obama donations appear to be conversions of foreign currency.

According to a Newsmax analysis of the Obama campaign data before the latest figures were released, potential foreign currency donations could range anywhere from $12.8 million to a stunning $63 million in all. With the addition of $150 million raised in September, this amount could be much more.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/BarackObama-FederalElectionCommission-Investigation-2008PresidentialElection/2011/04/16/id/393093

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• – collapse

american flag ribboni love Obama and wish him all the best. he came into this mess with the best of intensions. he does not have a magic wand. i support him all the way.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• interesting read. Thanks for the insight.
    juliemomx2

Answer by juliemomx2 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I respect you Gwen for signing your name and not going anon, but, I made the mistake of voting from my heart because of my son. I KNEW better because he was such a smooth talker. His slogan “YES WE CAN” needs to say “NO I CAN'T”! I'm sure a majority of his donations came from illegal sources or he would be more open and (cough) honest. I'll be so glad when we're through discussing Obama!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• What does anyone think the I in SEIU stands for? DUH.....
    We all knew they ( foreigners) contributed to his campaign, and here we are in 2011 reading about it again? I discussed this in 2008, and nobody cared.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• ACORN was the biggest money laundering outfit that has been around for a while. I am not surprised there are questions. He came out of - where? No one had ever heard of him until he began his presidential campaign by being elected senator. Who ever heard of him. All he did was fund raise. Where did he get all that support as a relative unknown? There was/is a machine backing him. Something has never been quite right about all of it. But, he doesn't have ACORN to wash his money now.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• The SEIU spent 28 million in 2008, I think more than any other organization, to get The Jackass elected.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I bet you hope so!
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• This stuff was brought up in 2008 while he was running. Funny how no one wanted to see this among many other red flags because they wanted so badly to believe that he was the change this country needed. Now that he's proven himself a true politician (his agenda more important than what is really best for the country) more people are more willing to see him for who he really is.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• ACORN was the biggest money laundering outfit that has been around for a while

They are ACORN INTERNATIONAL now. HMMM wonder why that is? Especially with all the uprisings going on in the ME.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I bet you hope so!
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy

Damn straight.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2011