Insurance question for mamas with aetna hmo

i was put under my so's health insurance and i have had no luck getting them on the phone. i want to know what the cover as far as prenatal,labor,delivery,postpartum, and the babies(having twins)

1lilmiracle

Asked by 1lilmiracle at 7:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't know you could go on SO insurance without being married...lol..I'm not current with times.

I have Aetna PPO, there is a number you can call on the card and it'll tell you
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• It depends on the contract that the company your SO works for has with the insurance company. You are going to have to try and get through to them. Since the phone isn't working I can tell you that I know Aetna has a website that you can usually find that information on, but you need to create an account. Check the card to see if the website is listed.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• i called the number and was put on hold so long that it actually disconnected the call. and you can if you are a domestic partner from what it said in his packet
    1lilmiracle

Comment by 1lilmiracle (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• You are going to have to get them on the phone or pull up the plan on the computer to know anything for sure. There is probably several different HMO plans that Aetna offers, so what one person's insurance covers, another may not...and vice versa. They actually may not be opened on weekends. I know our insurance (Highmark BC/BS) isn't and they close every evening. I'd wait until tomorrow during business hours and call back to get your answers. Make sure you write down the person's name you speak with...I have had enough trouble with insurances to know that you need to record everything...Good luck!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2011