Has anyone had Gastric Bypass and did you have a problem with belching afterwards?

I had gastric bypass a little over 6 months ago and it doesnt matter what I eat or drink, I have a problem with belching. Its not the belching you can hear. I just feel it through my throat. Its so frustrating. Is anyone else going through this?

Kat52971

Asked by Kat52971 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Health

• My mom had gastric bypass about a year ago...she has never said anything about having a problem with belching but she does have acid reflux and heartburn really bad now....good luck with that mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I had gastric bypass almost 5 years ago and still have a problem with this. I start and have trouble stopping. It's painful for me.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• 5 years ago and still dealing with it. wow. i hope i dont have to go through that. its so frustrating. sometimes it goes on for hours. the only relief i get is after i fall asleep. i wake up and feel fine but once i eat, then it starts all over again. it sucks.
    Kat52971

Comment by Kat52971 (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• HUH
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 2:23 AM on Apr. 18, 2011