It is so frustrating sometimes....

I hate it when I try my best to speak english, and people don't understand me, when its seem to me I just said the right thing.... lol does that ever happened to you when you try to speak another language ?

kokomaman

Asked by kokomaman at 8:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• well, I understand perfectly what you just wrote. That is saying a lot.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Lol...I was thinking the same thing as ItsJustMe!!!....from the way you wrote that I would have NEVER known that English wasnt your first language!
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Of course! I remember that when I took Spanish throughout high school. It's tricky learning a 2nd language. Besides, English is notoriously difficult with all it's rules and exceptions and words with 2 (or more) meanings...
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• from the way you wrote i would think english was your 1st language. maybe you just have a strong accent. i have heard foreigners say english is very hard too learn because one word has multiple meanings like the word MEAN.

to be cruel
    to mean something
    mean-mode-median etc
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• lol, thanks thats reassuring !
    kokomaman

Comment by kokomaman (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I think it's also harder to speak a language than it is to read/write it. I know some Spanish but my verbal skills are VERY limited. I can halfway figure out simple Spanish.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 11:57 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have two children who are adopted from Ukriane. My daughter came here when she was 9 and did not speak any English at all. Her brother just came here 3 years ago and can speak English very well. There were times when they would say something that didn't make sense and/or use the wrong word. My daughter told her father that their comfirmation was over. She meant to say the conversation was over. I give a lot of credit to anyone for whom English is a second language. We have so many strange words, double meanings, etc. I know I could not pick up a language as well as they both did.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• ouah, your children are amazing ! I speak spanish currently too, but my french accent will never leave me....
    kokomaman

Comment by kokomaman (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2011