Camping on easter without us

My dh is going camping with his dad Easter weekend and I'm kinda hurt that we are not going to spend it as a family,but he doesn't see his dad a lot so I haven't said anything but why couldn't they have done it any other weekend? Should I say something or let it go?

sarah389

Asked by sarah389 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Holidays come and go, but special time with dad may not happen again. I'd let it go, then plan something special for the family and me!
    Droyal14u

Answer by Droyal14u at 4:48 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• let it go. you get to see him more often than his dad. if you bring it up u will end up looking like the bad guy also selfish in their eyes.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• let it go but make sure to ask when you can celebrate easter together, and make time to do something as a couple and as a family to celebrate. remember its not the day but the spirit that counts.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 8:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I'd let it go.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• If that was my husband and he told me he was going camping on Easter weekend, I would have told him that is Easter weekend and ask him nicely if he could pick another weekend. But I think it might be too late now to say something. You should have said it when he told you. Just enjoy Easter with your kids and video tape it so he can see what he missed out on.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• if he doesnt see his dad that often let it go...you have your dh for many major holidays and his dad only gets him a few times a year....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• let it go. If he does not see his Dad that often let him have that time with him.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• If this is the first time then let it go. If it has happened before or it is a habit then bring it up.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• Honey, I have learned the "HARD WAY ", you are not promised tomarrow....

Let him, spend time with his DAD ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2011