Cheap wedding ideas

I know I asked this yesterday but I am going to give more info this time and hope for more answers.

We are getting married Jan. 23, 2012.
The ceremony is going to be on the beach, and the reception is going to be at DF's grandma's house.
There will be an estimated 50 people there.
I dont want anything to out there I want a simple wedding (if it was up to me, we would just go to the court house, but he doesnt want that he wants the whole wedding thing).
We will have 3 people on each side of us, so a total of 6.

If you need to know anything else let me know.

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 8:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• For kids activities print off some coloring pages and staple them together. Buy a big box of crayons and tie bundles of 5-8 for kids to take with the coloring book. Bam! Kid activities for less than $2.00.

Only get flowers for yourself and do potted plants for table decorations.

Do your own makeup.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I don't really know the kind of info you're looking for but we made all the food for our small at home reception. I ordered a bridesmaid dress in white. That saved hundreds of dollars. We made our own invites. Don't waste money on shoes since you are walking on sand. Make your own bouquet. I did and made almost everything for my wedding. It was cheap and beautiful.
    goddess99

Answer by goddess99 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• since you want simple and eazy.....do low cost things like potted plants instead of flowers .....no one says brides maids have to carry flowers.....if you have an outdoor space at grandma's get the kids bubbles cheap at the dollar store.....hire a teenage girl or two to watch over the kidos for very cheap and it give parents time to relax.....my friend even rented a bounce house to have out of guess site but for the kids to have good time too...shop thrift stores or online at places like jcpenney, macys. ect. for a gown instead of the bridal stores.....congrats and good luck
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2011